Wednesday 6 January 2016

A little bit about me

The meaning of "spontaneous" is interesting, and it is overall an enticing word. It sounds like it would taste good. It's difficult to pick a favourite word out of the numerous amounts we already obtain, delicately placed into languages, in which the majority of them I haven't encountered, and however impossible it may be to come across one individual, absolute favourite word, the word "spontaneous" does capture me. To endear the randomness of doing something out of the blue is completely thrilling, and almost gives a sense of living and what life is really about - not to plan; to do, not to worry; to relax, not to stress but to simply enjoy. And I believe that this is what being spontaneous is about. 

I feel like the beauty of being spontaneous is often not produced - people are too scared to be crazy once in a while and do something out of their comfort zone. To live a day which we have not planned. Our lives are consumed with lists and timetables and I understand that is completely normal in a school or work environment, but when it comes to things like planning when to go for a drive, or throw a party, or go for a run, or simply go to the beach, it is completely absurd. These things make your life, so don't plan them - live them. Don't think about them - just do them. Have fun and don't waste your time planning your day when you could just be living it.

Anyway, this is me. I'm Yas, I am a 17 year old sixth form student, studying English, History and Psychology at A-Level. I am from an insignificant town in (dare I say it) the county of Cornwall. Although is has beautiful landscapes and a rugged coastline, it is not appealing to myself. Opportunities are limited. My goal is to get out. But it's that effusion of uncertainty which sends me into a whirlwind of terror - will I ever make it? Will I ever be somebody? Will I ever be comfortable with my income? And yes, it is a greedy and selfish thought patterning but doesn't everyone consume this idealistic view of actually making something of themselves in the future? Maybe it's purely to prove someone wrong, or to be awfully wealthy, or to make themselves proud and think yes - I did it. Because I know life can be a struggle and it's hard to get up in the morning, and sometimes you just want to give up - however we have to step back and think that every morning you have two choices: continue to sleep with your dreams, or wake up and chase them. 

Moving on, I have an encapsulating passion for writing, I always have. I remember on Year 6 leavers day when we had to say what we wanted to be in 10 years time and I said that I wanted to be an author. My aspirations have changed since: I am now an aspiring lawyer, but to be an author is my ultimate dream. At the minute, I'm settling for a blog where I can use my writing to express myself and also explore different areas in life which I enjoy, such as fashion and make up, and hopefully I'll be able to offer advice and inspiration to readers out there. 

Just a note to end, I would like to say that I am eternally thankful for the life I've been given as the people in it are so wonderful - I wouldn't trade it for the world. 

Spontaneous - "done or occurring as a result of an impulse or without apparent external cause" Oxford Dictionary definition. 

Yas 
x x x 

No comments:

Post a Comment